Pool user code and safety rules
These rules exist to ensure everyone enjoys their visit in safety and to maintain the hygiene of our water
- Always follow the directions of our lifeguards. They are the most qualified to make decisions in this environment.
- Please be considerate of other pool users.
- Please shower and visit the bathroom before entering the pool.
- Parents/caregivers/supervising adults must always accompany children aged 4 years and under in the water. Older children must be actively supervised- this means you must be ready to respond if your child(ren) requires help. For more detail and the minimum adult to child supervision ratios please click here Auckland Council Pool Alone Policy
- If you have a medical condition such as epilepsy, asthma, diabetes or a heart condition, notify a lifeguard and please take care.
- Do not swim if you are unwell or have had diarrhoea in the last two weeks.
- Always check the depth of water before entering the pool. Every pool is different and in some cases depth or conditions may change. Look for hazards such as steep slopes into deeper water, lane ropes, waves, slides and diving boards.
- No running, jumping, pushing or fighting in or around our pools.
- Do not dive without proper supervision or experience. Bombing is only allowed where indicated.
- Avoid holding your breath and swimming underwater, especially after hyperventilating. This can lead to shallow water blackout.
- Always wear clean swimwear. Our swimwear guidelines are below.
- Glass bottles are not permitted.
- Never swim under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- You will be asked to leave if you refuse the instructions of our lifeguards or your behaviour threatens the safety and enjoyment of yourself or others.
What to wear in the pool
Press enter to skip the slideshow content otherwise press tab to continue. This slideshow has 1 images.
Clothing that is acceptable:
- swimsuit, bikini or tankini (bikini with tank top)
- shorts ending above the knee
- rash shirts
- modesty wear
- swim nappies (children under 3 years old)
- swim briefs.
Clothing that is unacceptable:
- underwear of any kind
- cotton or denim clothing
- loose-fitting clothing.
For any questions of exceptions to the above, please ask staff.