Auckland Council teamed up with Spark to create five cool basketball courts across Auckland called The Boroughs. Perfect for a pick-up game or to practice three-pointers, the courts can be found at:
- Otamariki Park in South Auckland
- Victoria Park in Central Auckland
- Avondale Central Reserve in West Auckland
- Pt England Reserve in East Auckland
- Hooton Reserve in North Auckland.
Each court is a free Spark WiFi hotspot.
True to the basketball culture in the USA each court has a sister court at the homes of pick-up games:
- Rucker Park, Harlem (New York) – sister court to Otamariki Park
- The Cage, Manhattan (New York) – sister court to Victoria Park
- Downtown Courts, Oklahoma City – sister court to Avondale Central Reserve
- The Hole, Brooklyn (New York) – sister court to Pt England Reserve
- Venice Beach, Los Angeles – sister court to Hooton Reserve.
Find out more at https://www.sparknz.co.nz/what-matters/The-boroughs/.