School holiday programmes for kids and teens
School holiday programmes for 5 to 13-year-olds
Sign your kids up for our school holiday programme and relax, knowing that they’re safe, happy and having a blast!
Our school holiday programmes are full of active adventures and include team sports, games, cooking, and arts and crafts.
We also go on trips around Auckland to places like Rainbow's End, Chipmunks and mini-golf.
All our staff are qualified in First Aid.
All our sites are Ministry of Social Development approved and WINZ subsidies are available for up to 50 hours per week. For more information, visit the WINZ website.
Breakaway holiday programmes for 11 to 17-year-olds
Breakaway is a free holiday programme for teenagers, funded by the Ministry of Social Development.
The programme runs for six hours a day. We do activities like team building, swimming, sports competitions, shared lunches and mystery trips.
Breakaway is currently available at:
- Moana-Nui-a-Kiwa Pool and Leisure Centre
- Ōtara Pool and Leisure Centre
- Te Matariki Clendon Community Centre.
Spaces are limited. To book your spot, apply in person at the centre. Parental consent is required.
COVID-19: How we're keeping your kids safe in our holiday programmes
- Contact tracing - please provide up-to-date contact information, including emergency contacts
- Preventing and responding to illness - anyone (including parents, staff, children or essential visitors) with any illness should stay home
- Hand hygiene - handwashing will be actively encouraged throughout the programme
- Physical contact and physical distancing - where possible we will encourage separation through placement of resources and activities
- Signing in and out - maintaining physical distancing when dropping off and picking up
- Mealtimes and food - children are required to bring their own drink bottle, any utensils used will be washed in the dishwasher, and no food or drinks will be shared
- Non-essential visitors - will not be allowed inside where the holiday programme is operating
- Cleaning - appropriate cleaning supplies are maintained and stored safely out of reach of children, and all surfaces are cleaned and disinfected regularly.