COVID-19 customer information
Our services under COVID-19 Alert Level 2
Updated 27 May 2020
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), please click here.
- Kauri Kids centres and Out of school care (OSCAR) programmes
- Fitness centres (gyms)
- Group fitness classes from Tuesday 2 June
- Most pools will open from Wednesday 3 June for lane swimming and water walking only (see PDF here for locations and opening hours)
- Spas that allow for physical distancing
- Contracted facilities (YMCA, CLM and Belgravia) – please check their websites for further opening details
Closed/Suspended until further notice:
- Learn to Swim
- Spas that do not allow for physical distancing
- Sauna and steam rooms
- Recreation programmes and sports leagues
- Venue hire and facility bookings
Your safety is our priority
Following the move to Alert Level 2, we are implementing a phased reopening of services across our network of owned and operated leisure centres. Refer to our frequently asked questions for more details.
What you need to do when visiting our centres
Here are some things you can do to help us make sure our centres are as safe as possible for you, other customers, and our staff:
- Please follow the Ministry of Health advice at www.covid19.govt.nz .If you feel unwell, you must stay home.
- Sign in at reception to help us with contact tracing.
- Do not spit anywhere in the facility, it is a health and safety risk.
- Use contactless payments. No cash will be accepted.
- Bring a sweat towel. No towel = no workout.
- Clean equipment before and after use with the disinfectant spray and paper towels provided.
- Children in Kauri Kids and OSCAR will be required to bring their own drink bottle and food.
- Shower and change at home to reduce wait time and avoid any gathering around the showers/changing areas.
- Consider coming during off-peak times to assist with physical distancing.
- Please follow the instructions of staff at all times.
What we’re doing to protect our customers and staff against the spread of COVID-19
We are doing everything we can to protect the safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff, including:
- Enhanced daily cleaning procedures and safety protocols.
- You may see staff wearing personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Possible reduced opening hours to allow for additional cleaning of our centres at the start and end of each day. Please click here, as hours may vary between sites.
- Floor stickers to remind you to keep a safe physical distance from others.
- Managing customer numbers to aid physical distancing.
- Water drinking stations will be closed.
- Some fitness equipment will not be accessible to maintain safe physical distancing.
- Restricting available services. Keep an eye on this page for our latest service updates.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find the latest COVID-19 information at covid19.govt.nz.